Top 15 Tips for Building Your Social Media Presence
I was recently asked to meet with someone just starting out in a Social Media role for fairly new food company to provide a sort of "Social Media 101" and overview on how to get started. The company has no presence on Social Media, so she will be building everything from the ground up. Being in the CPG industry myself and building up our company's Social Media presence from scratch over the past eight or nine years, I've definitely learned some things along the way. While I've never considered myself an "expert" on the topic (and think that the title of "Social Media Expert" is overrated and used too loosely as it is...), I think and hope I was able to provide some valuable insight.
Since I already typed it up, I thought I would share my thoughts here, as well. Social Media is ever-evolving, but not likely to go away anytime soon. It remains a great business tool to build up your company or personal brand -- and it should not be under-valued or overlooked. Social Media channels can be used to help achieve the following for a business:
• Increase brand awareness and visibility
• Communicate brand identity or positioning
• Add personality & relatability to your brand
• Increase customer loyalty
• Increase sales – online or at retail
• Increase consumer engagement and excitement over the brand
• Build online communities and followings around your product or brand
• Inform consumers about new products, promotions or company news
• Connect with B2B partners such as suppliers or retailers
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!