- Coarsely chop broccoli and cauliflower and place in a pot; fill pot with enough water to almost cover the vegetables. Boil on stove and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Put the broccoli and cauliflower, along with some of the water from the pot in a blender or food processor; blend until pureed.
- Sautee onions and celery in butter in a large pot until tender; add flour and mix well.
- Add milk to onion and celery mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Add broccoli puree mixture to the onion and celery mixture, and stir.
- Add nutmeg and a couple dashes of celery seed.
- Slowly add cheddar cheese, stirring until completely melted.
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!