at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Bruschetta Pasta

bruschetta pasta easy dinner

When you find flavors that mesh, they deserve to be incorporated into multiple dishes. Bruschetta is one of those flavors. One of my favorite things to make with garden fresh tomatoes is bruschetta -- that delicious combination of tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Put it atop a slice of toasted french bread spread with goat cheese and you've got yourself a killer appetizer!



I've already expanded this flavor into a Bruschetta Salad -- and I've attempted several forms of Bruschetta Pasta -- but the one I made the other night was my best so far. So, I thought I'd better write it down before I forget!

Ingredients:


  • 8oz spaghetti
  • 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (I like to use multi-colored tomatoes for added interest!)
  • 1/4 cup onions, diced
  • 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
  • 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions in butter, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes until onions start to turn translucent. Add diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 3-5 more minutes. Add olive oil and stir well. Drain cooked pasta and return to pot. Pour tomato mixture over top of pasta. Stir in fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.



This is a quick and easy meal that could easily be made into a side dish or made a little more hearty by adding in some grilled chicken or shrimp. I like it for a quick weeknight dinner! Served this week alongside some delicious, fresh pears. Yum!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION