at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Catching Up with Life & Changing the World

I read my friend Kelly's blog post today and thought: wow, I feel the exact same way!  Life has been a blur for the past 5 months, mostly because I've been super busy with lots of good stuff: work (I love my job), traveling, holidays, project after exciting project with the RPF, teaching Sunday school, leading a bible study, hanging out with Tom and learning about beer as we hop along on our brew tour, and whatever else I can fit in!  It's been fun, but lately I feel like it's been hard to just catch up with my daily life.


I always heard that time goes by faster as you get older, but somehow over the past two years it has begun accelerating at an exponential pace  -- and I haven't even hit 30!  Sometimes, when time flies by, it leaves me feeling a little nostalgic.  Remember when you were a kid and a year seemed to last forever?  Even just the summer...it seemed it would never end.  There was plenty of time to do just about anything my little mind could think of. And, well, my little mind worked a little differently than most kids, as you can see by this example of what I did for fun in 1st Grade...



My friend & I started the "Help Save Our Earth" or "H.S.O.E" club.  This is my first newsletter.
So, I wasn't the best speller; nor could I write in anywhere near a straight line.
But we were going to change the world!

Well, somehow over the years I lost my zeal for extreme environmentalism, but I still want to change the world.  I don't know how, but I'm leaving that part up to God as I try to prioritize and determine how to best use the time, resources and abilities He's given me.  God has been doing a lot of work in my heart lately, and I hope to be able to put it all into words to share here soon.



"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."
--Psalm 86:11

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION