at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Pineapple-Jalapeño Chicken

This is another one of those recipes from necessity...you know, where I have a few ingredients lying around that I need to use up, so I decide to make up a new dish.  This time, I had jalapeños from the garden that I needed to use up, plus some orange bell peppers.  I had some canned pineapple on hand and thought I could probably make something decent with those three flavors.  Here’s the quick and easy meal that I ended up with:



Ingredients:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 can sliced pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- ground black pepper

Directions:
Cook chicken on stove over medium-high heat in ½ of the pineapple juice from the canned pineapples.  Add jalapeños while chicken is cooking.  Once liquid is mostly evaporated, add remaining juice and bell pepper.  Cook until juice is reduced again.  Add pepper to taste.  Serve with a side of rice and the sliced pineapple.

That’s it!  A quick, simple dinner to use up some random ingredients.

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION