- Cook rice according to package directions. I like to use brown rice for added nutrition!
- If you want to make chicken fried rice, cut chicken into very small pieces and fry with a little bit of vegetable oil until fully cooked; set aside.
- In a large wok, sauté vegetables in butter until tender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scramble eggs and cook in a frying pan until just done; break eggs into small pieces.
- Add rice, chicken, eggs, vegetable oil and soy sauce to wok; stir until well combined and stir fry for a few minutes over medium heat. Add extra salt and pepper if desired. Sometimes I add a hint of garlic or ginger, too – but go easy: this is the one dish I make that does not taste as good if you add much additional spices or seasonings.
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!