- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain; return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a small sauce pan on medium-low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add flour and whisk until combined.
- Add milk and whisk until combined. Heat until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce thickens, slowly add cheese and stir in until melted.
- Mix in any seasonings you’d like, or none at all – spices I sometimes use are pepper, garlic, paprika, chili powder or cumin.
- Pour sauce mixture over pasta – stir and enjoy!
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!