at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Taco Night: Part 2 - Guacamole!

I have a really hard time making tacos without also making guacamole.  I believe this recipe also came from my grandma, and I’ve been eating it for as long as I can remember!  Here’s the recipe, though you may have to make up your own measurements…I just add to taste!

Ingredients:
Avocado
Onion, diced
Tomato, diced
Garlic Powder
Salt
Lime Juice

Directions:

Step 1: Cut avocado in half lengthwise.  Remove the pit (I find that if you squeeze the half of the avocado w/ the pit with your hand, it usually pops right out).
 




Step 2:  Scoop out each half of the avocado into a bowl.  Mash until all large chunks are gone.
Step 3:  Add remaining ingredients to taste, and stir to combine.  Enjoy on your tacos, or with tortilla chips!
I know it looks like a bowl of nasty green goop - but trust me, it's delicious!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION