at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

I'm Not Baking!

One of my favorite recipes to make (based on the deliciousness to work ratio) are Lazy Jane Cookies.  These are also known as No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, or simply “No Bakes.”  They are super easy to make AND they taste great!  Every time I bring these somewhere I get tons of compliments.  Kind of makes me feel guilty for not putting more effort into them ;-)  My husband loves these, too.  He told me recently, “I love it when you don’t bake” – LOL – I just hope that was more a comment on these cookies and less on my baking abilities!

While there are many recipes out there for these types of cookies, I use one from our family cookbook that was put together 26 years ago by my grandparents.  The recipe is below and comes from my aunt:

Here's what they look like in progress and when finished.  

I know, I know...it kind of looks like piles of you know what... but trust me, it tastes good!  You can't judge on looks.  Kind of like my guacamole....

Also, sometimes I make these with dark cocoa powder - I think I like it even better that way!  Try them out and let me know what you think!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION