at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Laughing Out Loud

Prompt: LOL post. Write a post about a moment that made you laugh. Or a video, picture, blog post, or something else that made you.

I am a huge fan of laughter.  I mean, who doesn't like to have fun?  And laughter when you're facing something tough sometimes really is the best medicine.  It’s usually other people that make me laugh: friends, family, and especially my husband.  In this case, I want to share something that our good friend Brandon put together in the wee hours of the morning as he was going through our video footage from our summer backpacking trip to Isle Royale.  As you may know from experience, the later you stay up at night, the goofier you tend to get.  You can view some of the source material for this here.  It all started with the mistake of me being in front of the video camera.  I had just found a moose antler on the ground, and my husband, Tom, decided to pick up the video camera and make me demonstrate how a moose attacks.  By taking bits and pieces of that conversation, Brandon created a nice little song, which Tom in turn made into a video version for your viewing AND listening pleasure.  So, without further ado, I bring you Freaking Moose Antler:

Yep.  We're all goofballs!


I thought I’d also embed the video segment of our trip that this goes along with.  Tom is the self professed comedic relief during this video:


You can read about our trip here.  I saw it as a great victory over RA.  I was able to thoroughly enjoy a week of backpacking without pain!  


You can read more things that make me laugh on my RA Humor page -- please feel free to submit your own jokes for inclusion!





This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION