Twas the day before Easter and I just had a hunch, that combining these ingredients would make a great brunch! Some freshly made feta, and freshly baked bread, a fried egg and fresh salad did rouse us from bed! (Okay, enough of the rhyming.) Seriously, though. I've been on a homemade bread kick since a friend introduced me to this book (go buy it now!). And I FINALLY used my cheese making kit a friend got me for my birthday to make some feta! I needed to try out the cheese and brunch sounded like a good idea. I had seen some recipes for egg "boats" using french bread -- but I only took a half loaf out of the freezer and it didn't seem big enough for that. So, I made up something new. I don't know what to call it, so for now it's the FFF brunch (French bread, Fried egg and Feta). Whatever you want to call it, it's delicious. Also - brunch side salad = good idea!
- 1/2 loaf of French bread, sliced (I used the baguette recipe from the book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day -- I had some stored in my freezer!)
- 1/2 cup chicken andouille sausage, cooked and chopped (I had leftovers from dinner the night before)
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!