Homemade Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups of tomatoes, diced (I used several brandywines mixed with some yellow pear tomatoes)
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Swiss chard, stems and leaves diced (optional - I only added because I had some growing in my garden that I wanted to use)
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- Garlic powder and salt to taste
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2-3 cups of chunky tomato sauce
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
lasagna noodle out flat. Over each noodle, spread 1/2 oz of goat cheese. Spoon a little bit of pasta sauce over goat cheese (I tried to spoon out more of the tomato chunks to put here). Sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese over top, then roll each noodle up tightly. Place rolled noodles into a baking dish (I used individual baking dishes and placed two roll-ups in each). Spoon remaining tomato sauce over top of the roll-ups. Bake for 20 minutes, sprinkling any remaining Parmesan cheese over top at the end.
Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Happy Gilmore. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!