at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Spinach Tortellini Soup


If you’re looking for a fast and delicious dinner – this is it!  It’s particularly great paired with some homemade garlic bread.  I never would have thought of putting tortellini in soup – unfortunately I can’t remember where I saw the original recipe that I adapted this from, so I’m not sure to whom the credit is due.  Cheese-filled tortellini helps add some heartiness to this dish, though and makes for a unique soup.  The best part is it’s ready in just a few short minutes!

Ingredients:

-          8oz. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
-          2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
-          2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
-          2 cups water
-          Salt, pepper, garlic, and any other spices you want (try oregano or parsley)

Directions:
  1. Heat water and broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.  Season to taste with desired spices.
  2. Add tortellini, and cook according to package directions (I buy Meijer brand and it only takes 2 minutes to cook!)
  3. Add spinach – stir and serve!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION