at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Blueberry Pie

Summer is in full swing, and you know what that means: it's berry season!  I've actually made it to the farmer's market the past couple of weeks, and they just started offering blueberries there.  We had some friends coming over this past weekend and I wanted to make a fun summery dessert, and I thought something with blueberries sounded good.  I thought about pie, but I'm not a big pie fan myself, mostly because I don't like cooked fruit.  My sister-in-law makes an awesome strawberry pie with fresh berries that I actually like quite a bit, so I thought about trying that recipe but swapping out the blueberries.  However, in the end, I decided I wanted something with a graham cracker crust, and I found this recipe for Jan's Fresh Blueberry Pie on AllRecipes.com.



It turned out awesome!  I made the graham cracker crust myself: about 1/2 a box of graham crackers, processed to crumbs by my awesome Ninja food processor [Thanks, Tom!], 3 Tbsp. melted butter, and a tad bit of sugar -- baked for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.  It held together much better than I thought it would!  The recipe is super easy and uses lemon gelatin (sounded weird, but turned out great!) to help hold the pie together.  I highly recommend serving this pie with a dollop of whipped cream and a side of vanilla ice cream!  This is definitely something I would make again, and it's a wonderful dessert for a hot summer evening!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION