at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Chicken Parmesan

Chicken ParmesanI asked Tom what he wanted for dinner tonight, and he responded: Chicken Parmigiana. That’s unusual in that whenever I’m looking for dinner inspiration he doesn’t normally have any for me. I was reluctant at first, but decided: why not. I make Chicken Parmesan on occasion and it had been quite some time since I made it last. It’s really not that hard…I just didn’t have any meat pulled out of the freezer and it was already 6pm. I decided to make it just a little bit different this time (partially because I was low on ingredients!), and I think I like it! Here’s what I did:


Ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Plain bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- Milk
- Vegetable oil
- Spaghetti sauce
- Italian cheese blend


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pound out chicken to flatten (for the two of us, I actually just cut one big chicken breast in half, then flattened). Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and add seasoning to taste (normally I put in some garlic and sometimes some shredded Parmesan cheese, too). Put a little bit of milk in another bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with bread crumbs. Repeat. Heat a couple Tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip chicken over. Cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is just fully cooked. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and spoon enough spaghetti sauce over the top to cover. Cover with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, then broil for a couple of minutes until cheese begins to brown. Voila!


I served this tonight with some garlic bread and broccoli – delish!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION