at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Crab & Seashell Pasta Salad

You know those days when you don’t really have a solid plan for dinner, just some ingredients you want to use?  Today was one of those days.  I was thinking of making pasta for dinner, but it was super hot out and I didn’t really want a warm meal.  I also remembered I had some crab meat in the fridge that I didn’t have plans for and decided to look into a pasta salad with crab.  I couldn’t do a traditional crab salad because of my aversion for condiments, including mayonnaise (that’s right, Tom and I don’t eat condiments.  In fact, my dad’s whole side of the family hates mustard with a passion.  In our house the hatred extends to mayo and ketchup, too.).  At any rate, I looked at a couple of recipes online for inspiration, and here’s what I came up with based on what I had on hand:

Ingredients:
-          2 cups seashell pasta
-          2 tomatoes, diced
-          1 orange bell pepper, diced
-          1/8 cup red onion, diced
-          4 “sticks” of imitation crab meat, diced
-          2 Tbsp. olive oil
-          1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
-          2 tsp. lemon juice
-          1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
-          Salt, pepper, garlic, parsley

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain and rinse with cool water until pasta is brought down to room temperature.


In a large bowl, combine pasta with remaining ingredients.   


Season to taste and serve either chilled or room temperature.

This turned out great for a light meal on a hot summer-like day!

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION