at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

Playing in the Dirt and Sunshine

I have my seeds started indoors.  I have snow peas and spinach planted out side (not convinced it’s growing, though).  My perennials are popping up.  The sun broke through the clouds for a few minutes the other day, and I was able to start a few more seeds and put up a bird feeder. 


our first customer!
It’s beginning to feel like Spring.  But I still have a problem: last year’s vegetable garden plot is not big enough to hold all that I have planned for this year.  I started digging up some extra space, but it has turned out to be more difficult than I anticipated.  I’m basically digging up part of my lawn, by hand.  It appears I should have planned last fall and done this then.  Oh well, too late now.  I made some good progress today and have most of the grass dug up.  Tom will be putting my fence in soon, I hope!


I left work an hour early today and got to enjoy some extra time in my garden – while the flowers were still open.  The ground-level tulips and the daffodils are blooming.  Check out these beauties!

I can't remember the name of this variety, but it is a type of tulip!

I've always loved daffodils.


It was very nice to spend some time outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine!  Sunshine makes me happy.  And so does playing in the dirt, for that matter!  


I know rain is good for my plants, but it’s been a little extreme lately.   At least there are rainbows!



Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION