at the Water's Edge


Living life and learning all I can along the way!

What's at the Water's Edge?


The simple answer:  People who want to learn.  The name of this blog was inspired by a passage in the Bible, where it says that “Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge (Mark 4:1).”  The verbiage struck me while reading this passage one day, and the phrase “water’s edge” has stuck with me ever since.  I try to live my life at the water’s edge, eager to learn all I can about God, about life, about love, and about a whole slew of pseudo-hobbies and interests—among them cooking, gardening, astronomy, personal finance and consumer marketing.  This blog is where I will share the things that I learn through this crazy adventure we call life, for whoever may be interested! 

Share this:

ABOUTME

Hi there! My name is Dana and I live in West Michigan with my husband, Tom and our dog Copernicus. I created this space as a place to share the things I learn along this journey I call life. I work in marketing and I'm a sort of Jane of All Trades, interested in all things nature, gardening, cooking, exploring and learning new things. This blog is a conglomeration of my interests, hobbies, life and life lessons. Thanks for stopping by!

JOIN THE CONVERSATION